Sunday, November 4, 2012

Port Through Time

I love side scrollers. I think this game style is perfectly suited to adventure-style games. I also love everything that deals with time travel. From the Back to the Future series to Quantum Leap, the idea of exploring different time periods is something that I find fascinating. With this in mind, I want to combine the two, creating a side scroller where each level is in a different time period. The idea will be to find a particular artifact that will beat the level and allow you to "port" to another time, where the process will repeat itself. Along the way, there will be villians, creatures, and natural hazards to overcome.

The hope is to bring back the simple joy of a game like Ghostbusters from the Sega Genesis era (pictured) combined with a storyline that changes enough to not be repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment