Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hunting

A genre I have always been interested in is hunting games. They provide a more casual type of shooter fun than the more immersive and time consuming military shooters. One big change I would like to make, though, is to switch the prey. Instead of hunting game animals, I want to use mythical creatures. The reason for this are two-fold. One, I think it offers some product differentiation and will be easier on the young ones, who may not like the idea of shooting Bambi and Thumper. Secondly, it will allow me more flexibility as far as their intelligence and behavioral patterns, as they are not as clearly defined in fantasy. The game would feature different environments, weapons, and skill levels. The true challenge would lie in making the game not too repetitive and not too difficult. I'm off to sample a hunting game or two on the 360 to see how the experts conquered this potential obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment